As the cosmetic products are usually made for use for quite long periods of time, their preparation requires higher standards of hygiene than normal kitchen work.
- As long as the cosmetic-making equipment is okay for a dishwasher, you should use that. Otherwise, wash the equipment etc. by hand.
- With most electric stick blenders, you can unscrew the blade attachment from the main part/motor and clean it in the dishwasher.
- Always keep very good hand hygiene: after washing them first in water and by using a liquid soap, always spray your hands with alcohol spray or use gloves.
- Fill a spray bottle with 70% alcohol and spray work surfaces and equipment before making your cosmetic products. Afterwards wipe all of these off with clean kitchen paper towels.
- Never use tap water for your products but only distilled water that should be boiled for a couple of minutes before manufacturing your cosmetics.
- Always properly label your products with expiry date information.